About the mikroBIOMIK Society
The mikroBIOMIK Society is an association for the promotion of intrinsic curiosity and participation in science - with a focus on invisible creatures.
We are an interdisciplinary network of scientists, physicians, ecologists, teachers, artists and other curious people exploring various strategies for disseminating knowledge and experience.
Dr. Julian Chollet
Researching in the field of micro- and molecular biology with a focus on microbes, fungi and bacteriophages. Experiments with participative science and teaches at Bauhaus-University Weimar.
Member of the Hackteria network and founder of mikroBIOMIK
Nanotechnologist and actress
Researching nanotechnology in the context of regenerative medicine. Wants to build a bridge between artistic expressions and science.
Part of the Marie Curie Alumni Association and the science theater "Marionet"
Researches experimental mushroom cultivation, practices lactic fermentation and develops innovative methods for the urban plant and fungal food production of the future.
Alumni of the University for Sustainable Development Eberswalde
Dr. Mona Schreiber
Anthropologist and artist
Researches the cultural history of our crops in the field of domestication genomics. She is searching for innovative ways of science communication through the combination of art and natural sciences.
More about Mona at besenkunst.de
Dr. Rolf Mahnke
Concentrates on the design of digital formats and physical spaces for creative work, learning and innovation. Develops concepts for the participatory design of scientific events.
Founder of ‚Projekt Draussen‘
Beliefs that mind and matter interact closely. She is particularly interested in the relationship between intestinal flora and psyche.
Part of the university group "Uni MIND - psychedelic science"
Artist and cook
Researches the importance of microbes for daily life. Her workshops are about cultivating communities and culinary delights. Fermenting and the focus on the own microbiome play a key role in this process.
Founder of ‘Gasthaus: Fermentation and Bacteria’
Artist, puppeteer, musician
Is interested in the connections between art and science. As a cartoonist and illustrator of various books, he creates fascinating new worlds and thus enables creative, playful learning – soon also on this website.
Founder of the participatory theater "Spontanello"
Scientific and artistic advice
- Prof. Dr. Nils Johnsson Genetics & Cell Biology
- Dr. Thomas Gronemeyer Molecular Biology
- Prof. Dr. Paul Walter Electron Microscopy
- Dr. Gabriele Riedner Public Health
- Prof. Ursula Damm Media Art & Design
- Yashas Shetty Art & Science
- Karl Phillipp Engelland Cultural Education
- Dr. Marc Dusseiller Workshopology
- Urs Gaudenz DIY-Electronics
- Mona Schreiber Scientific Illustration
- Media Lab Bayern Science Journalism
Design and Media
- Moritz Chollet Concept, Design & Realization
- Fabian Pranter Videography & Logo
- Mark Klawikowski Illustration
- Gregor Quade Animation
- Christoph Hohmann Graphics
- Projekt Draussen
- Gasthaus: Fermentation and Bacteria
- Biodesign for the real world
- Mikrobiologische Vereinigung München
- Art Science Bangalore
- WUNDERDING magazine
- TAOS - The Art Of Science
- BUND Naturschutz- und Jugendzentrum Wartaweil
- Bio.kitchen Lab @UnternehmerTUM[X]
- Bauhaus-Universität Weimar
- George Eliava Institute of Bacteriophages, Microbiology and Virology
- >top e. V. Transdisciplinary project space
- Robert Bosch Stiftung
- Marie Curie Alumni Association